Tuesday, March 15, 2016

05/19/2000

Dream: Twice a Usurper

-I have three rings on my fingers: a cheap gold ring on my middle and ring fingers of my right hand. On my left hand’s ring finger, I’m wearing Lawrence’s wedding ring
-I don’t remember him giving it to me. It’s too big and I have to keep checking that it hasn’t fallen off
-I’m in a pool and eventually the ring is gone. I dive to the bottom and discover that the pool has small indentations. I check them all for his ring, but without panic, because I know I’ll find it. I can hold my breath for a very long time
-outside the pool, my bathing suit is on the ground and I pick it up. Two dollars and a dime fall off of it, so I know the ring must be there too
-it is
-some time later, at a party, Leslie and I escape the people and Lawrence follows. We sit at a table and I take Lawrence’s ring off my finger and put it on a plate
-the ring has been inside-out all this time
-he laughs and tells me to keep it
-I protest a bit, asking if Victoria had not noticed it was gone
-of course she had; a few times, in fact. First he told her he must have “misplaced it, I don’t know, and who really cares and I don’t need it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment